I have had the best weekend since moving here. Drew and I are really changing our lives around and it’s already feeling great. We stay home every.single.day. I understand, Drew travels non stop and being on the go is the last thing he wants when he’s home. But staying in leads to bad things. Depression, drinking out of boredom, eating bad food, etc. So yesterday he took me on our sushi date and today he took me shopping and on a movie date! I’m getting so spoiled by him 😉 We went to see This is the End
I love all these actors but it was so bad we walked out. SO bad!
Now onto all of my favorite recipes that I made today. First of all I had the best chef’s assistant! He is so awesome 😉
First we made THE best brussels sprouts
- clean and halve the sprouts
- toss w/ bacon grease, splash of olive oil, salt, pepper and the juice of a whole lemon
- bake at 400 for about 15 min
I have always roasted brussels sprouts but adding the lemon makes it SO much better. I eat these on salads, as a side dish or just for a snack. If you think you hate brussels sprouts it’s because you haven’t tried them like this before.
THE best brown rice (recipe from my mom in law, Jana)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Heb-Ox chicken bouillon
-Bring all ingredients to a boil, cover and cook on low for 1 hour
THE best tilapia (ANOTHER great recipe from Jana!)
- on a piece of tin foil, place the tilapia fillet on a bed of lemon slices
- top with a mixture of: olive oil, mayo, shredded romano cheese, juice of half a lemon, and LOTS of black pepper
- crimp the edges of the tin foil to make a packet
- bake at 400 for 15 min
What a fantastic dinner and end to our weekend!