I was supposed to take Mack to daycare today and get chores done but he woke up at 4am throwing up 😦 so he got to stay home with momma. I think it was just his heart worm med we gave him yesterday. Poor pup.
My morning started with egg white toast. I LOVE this bread. so good. While I was being healthy, Drew was being bad in Germany…but how can you not drink beer and eat sausage when in Germany? He sent me this pic 🙂
I went back to Whole Foods today to pick up a few things. Of course my love of Whole Foods led to a $90 bill. Whole Foods is like Target to me but the customer service here was HORRIBLE. Made me never want to go back to Whole Foods again and i love that store. Guess I need to start using the Trader Joes up here instead even though it’s much further away. Anyway…I did some snacking this afternoon and had a small salad. Then made a juice late in the day. I did use cucumber and it was MUCH better this time for whatever reason
Then tonight I made my protein shake w/ chia seeds I got at Whole Foods. You have to soak the chia seeds 1st and they form this weird gel. Anyway, I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana to my shake. Was it the best I’ve ever had? no, wasn’t as sweet as I’d hoped for but it was REALLY good!
Health benefits of chia seeds:
- Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
- Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the “chia gel” can hydrate the body.
- Reduce your blood pressure: There’s evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect againstinflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
I had a ton of energy and felt great! I did notice that ALL my snacking is out of sheer boredom so I would just start cleaning when I had the urge to snack 🙂 I need to buy a puzzle or something. I DID set up a Dr. appt finally to get blood work done eventually (I want to be good with my diet at least 2 months before the blood work is run)