At lunch today Jana (Drew’s mom) Grandad and I headed out to a Greek restaurant near by called Tinos Greek Cafe. I ordered a gyro & chicken lemon soup
What a GREAT little place! The gyro meat was so flavorful & there was so much of it! Love this restaurant & I’m sad it took me so long to try it.
Yesterday I picked up some beet roots to try in juice. Tonights juice had:
- Kale (most nutrient green on the planet!)
- Carrots (benefits bone health & eyesight)
- Celery (balances the body’s PH & full of B vitamins)
- Red apple (vitamin C & antioxidants)
- Beet root (repairs blood cells & detoxifies liver, kidneys & bladder)
The end result was pretty
I could only drink about 2/3 of the juice. The overwhelming beet flavor was hard to get down at first but it got easier as I kept drinking. It was also a bit more work since you have to peel the root & chopping it is not the easiest of tasks, but beets have great health benefits so it is an ok dinner maybe once a week!