This weather has me ALL about soup!!! I had to make my Taco soup. It’s an easy, dump it all in, kinda soup and it’s sooooooooo delicious and warming.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn ,drained
- 1 can stewed tomatoes – mexican style
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix -(opt.)
- 1 pkg. original hidden valley ranch dressing(dry)
- 2 1/2 cups water or more, to make soup broth
Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so.
I made a pan of cornbread to go with it. Used Jiffy mix…prepared as directed but I added about a 1/2 c. (maybe a little more) sharp cheddar and about 10 chopped jalapeno slices. TO.DIE.FOR. Made the perfect side for this perfect soup.
I would say run go make this…now…seriously! YUUUUUUUMMMMMM